The Stalkers!!!!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I resuced a Human today

I rescued a human today.

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively
into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.
I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid.
As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I
had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been
walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want
her to think poorly of them.
As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my
past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in
someone's life. She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at
me.
I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort
her.
Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship. A
tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be
well.
Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly
jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to
always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that
radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out
there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I
could save one.
I rescued a human today.

This is not my writing-- it was passed to me in an e-mail-- I thought I would share

No comments:

Teams of Crafters on Etsy

Subscribe to etsyfest
Powered by groups.yahoo.com
Etsy Team Blog Ring
Power By Ringsurf